Saturday, 2 September 2017

Picking Yourself Up on a Down Day

Hello!
So as we wave goodbye to Summer and hello to the darker, colder months, I thought I'd do this post, as sometimes the dark, gloomy weather can have us feeling a little worse. We all have them, but the worst feeling in the world is when you can't seem to feel better. Down days suck, but they're part of being human. Because they suck so bad, I thought I'd share some tips on how to pull yourself out of those horrid moods!


  • Music!
Music is one of my favourite things in the world! When I'm in a bad mood, sometimes I wanna wallow in self pity and listen to sad songs that make me feel less alone, and sometimes I wanna put on something that makes wanna get up and dance that bad head space away! I do a playlist post every month that you can find here
  • Fluffy hugs
If you have a pet, why not show them some love? I don't know about you but when I cuddle my kittens (seriously, kitten hugs are the best hugs!), it makes me feel so warm and fuzzy. Definitely helps lift a bad mood.

  • Have a good cry
Sometimes the only way to lift a bad mood is to let it all out. I've been there so many times, curled up in bed, tears streaming down my face, but I always feel better for it! Just remember to have some water handy to ward off that awful dehydration headache you can sometimes get afterwards!

  • TV shows/Movies 
When I'm feeling a bit rubbish, I love to watch my childhood faves, or an easy to watch tv show or movie that I don't have to think too hard about. I generally go for the animated version of Alice in Wonderland (the obsession is too real, honestly), ratatouille or Drop Dead Fred (I used to watch it with my dad when I was younger and it always gives me that warm and fuzzy feeling we all love). It's always nice to give yourself a bit of a break and a few giggles!

  • Pamper Yourself!
I don't know anyone that doesn't love a good pamper, have a nice warm bubble bath (or shower), put on a fluffly dressing gown and face mask, maybe even paint your nails, and make your favourite hot chocolate (yes with cream and marshmallows, calories don't count if you're feeling low!) it never hurt anyone to show themselves a little love!
  • Be Productive!
Sometimes the best way to ward off those hopeless feelings is to do something productive. Maybe get ahead on that assignment you've been putting off, give the house a good tidy or re-organise your makeup. It's hard to get started but once you finish you'll hopefully feel tons better!
  • Dress up
What's the occasion? There isn't one. Do it for you girl! I absolutely love pulling out some makeup I don't often use and creating a whole new (and usually dramatic) look, at the very least, it'll kill time, and at best you'll feel like a queen!
My favourite palettes to do this with are the 'Rockstar' palette from Models Own, and the 'Mermaids forever' palette - which I reviewed here. The brushes in this picture I wrote about here
  •  Pyjama Day!
Alternatively, if that's not your thing, you could chill all day in your PJs? A PJ day never hurt anyone.
  • Cry to a friend
Whether you meet up with them or just have a phone call, friends are the best for cheering you up. One of my besties Vicky is amazing for this, I can start a phone call in tears and ranting and end it a couple hours later with the biggest smile from ear to ear. Friends are like little rays of sunshine!
  • Spend some online time with your favourite bloggers
This is one of my absolute favourite things about the blogging community, it's so full of positivity and love. Twitter is great, there's always someone to remind you of your worth on the days where you brain isn't willing to. Communicate, let people know you feel down, other bloggers always make me feel on top of the world, us bloggers are lovely people!

Did any of these ideas help you?
Thanks for reading, Have yourself an amazing day!
Until next time,
Cait xx
Are you following me on social media! Twitter|Instagram|Pinterest|Bloglovin'

2 comments:

  1. These are some great tips! Thanks for sharing! Sometimes I find myself being so lazy in dressing up. As I'm doing homeschool, I don't have to 'look nice' for other people most days, and easily slide into feelings of rubishness, but then it's so important to dress up and put some makeup on so I feel better!

    x Ilse
    www.ilsedanielle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou!
    I always used to find that in the Summer holidays! I would get into the routine of waking up past midday and spending the rest of the day in my PJs with my hair up, it's amazing what a little makeup can do! Glad you enjoyed hun! Have a grwat day!
    -Cait xx

    ReplyDelete